Thursday, June 7, 2012

Gone Too Soon

GONE TOO SOON

Gone too soon is a phrase that comes to mind at this time
I never thought his life would be cut short before he reached his prime
 He wasn’t perfect but then again neither am I
But when a crisis would surface he was right at my side
A few people would know a few weeks ago my vehicle would not start
In my time of need he rescued me and he did it with a kind heart
Whether it was a kind word I heard or a deed to be done
My friend had it in him that from work he would never run
He had a lot of problems and as a friend I tried to help solve them
Others only pretended to be his friend and said his problems didn’t involve them
But he didn’t make a fuss because he knew his true friends
Since he knew whom to trust, he knew I’d be there till the end
 Unexpectedly the end came in the rain on a dark afternoon in May
A lighting bolt is what we were told that ended his life that day
Even though I try to keep my eyes dry, I can’t because he was a part of me
My big brother was like no other and I hope he rests in peace



Written by
Emerson Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment