Monday, July 9, 2012

Bring On The Rearations

Bring On The Reparations


 We were stolen from the villages of Africa and brought to this land
We were brought though we fought while being dragged in the sand
In route to and loaded on something we now call a slave ship
Shackled like cattle by a bunch of hypocrites
In the darkest of nights and roughest of seas
I wont deny they tried to strip us of our dignity
They raped my mama, my sister yet they called us niggers
We worked in the hot sun while they held guns with their fingers on the triggers
We had no shoes on our feet and most times nothing to eat
Still expected to work even though our feet hurt we got beat
By some man I didn’t know or like because he just raped my wife
In front of my children, now I have to kill him if it takes the rest of my life
I won’t tell anyone else because it’s a vow I made to myself
When I get the chance, I’ll change this man by making my presence felt
Not with violence but in silence, I’ll use the knowledge I’ve acquired
To extinguish the racist views he spews, yes I’ll put out the race fire
And since it’s my prerogative to stay positive as I live in this twenty first century
Though some didn’t expect, I choose to give respect by honoring my forefather’s memory
And since knowledge is power, I’ll use it to devour the souls of all racist people
I wont claim to be superior just not inferior you see I believe all men are created equal
So you need not fear me but you do need to hear me when I say stop the procrastination
Your ancestors the molesters, though long gone were wrong you know, so bring on the reparations!


Written by
Emerson Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment