Saturday, June 23, 2012

Crash And Burn

Crash And Burn

Some people always seem to stay on our mind 
When the truth is, they really aren't worth our time 
Though I really believe we are in no way better than any man 
It is clear to me that certain people are better left alone, now I understand 
You see certain people misinterpret compromise for weakness in some form 
Perhaps it is because it is not a everyday thing, no it simply isn't the norm 
That misinterpretation is a sad mistake to make, yet many of us do 
The sad part is, we know not what we do, we simply haven't got a clue 
So we continue being the same and the lies remain the same 
Then for some strange reason we expect the outcome to change 
Well, this time the outcome changed for all eternity you see 
As of today, I am proud to say, thoughts of certain people no longer consume me 
I wont say the politically correct thing like, "I truly wish them well" 
That is just another lie that I am simply not willing to tell 
Nor do I yearn for them to crash and burn but I do hope they learn 
That when they cause pain, they too must feel pain; eventually it will be their turn

Written by 
Emerson Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment