Sunday, June 10, 2012

Poetry From A Dead Man


Poetry From A Dead Man


I would climb the highest mountain in search of the truth
 I would drink from the fountain if it restored my youth
 I would then travel a different road, thereby changing where I am today
 I would appreciate all beauty my eyes behold if only I had my way
 But hindsight is always twenty-twenty or so I’ve heard before
 And if I could, I would change plenty; I’d be different that’s for sure
 I would lead by example for I realize it’s my example some would follow
I’d take heed to the words of the proverb; never put off what you can do today till tomorrow
 At sunrise I’d start my exercise routine to make my body stronger
 Yes at mornings first light I’d start my day right so that I may live longer
 I’d live everyday as if it were my last for it may very well be
 I wouldn’t dwell on the past or the lies some people tried to sell me
 If only I had a chance to live life all over again
 Perhaps I’d find romance; perhaps I would even have friends
 But instead I lay in the dark and I must admit I think often
 About the attack that stopped my heart as I lay in this coffin.


Written by
Emerson Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment