Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Trying To Get A Rep


Trying To Get A Rep

 I spit words you try to deny you heard from me, an urban poet
You’re conscience gets the best of you, your actions now show it
You’ve got your finger on the trigger to make your rep bigger
But you body begins to quiver because you know you can’t deliver
Trying to act like you hard, trying to play God when you are no better than me
You think you rough and tough now that hand-to-hand combat is obsolete in the street
If you think you got the biggest gun son trust me, you don’t want none
Cause he got a sawed-off shottie, caught a lot of bodies, you better run
Trying to play the game of life right? But you don’t even know the rules my brother
Perpetrating a fraud, trying to act raw as you break the law trying to impress another
You need to put the gun down and throw your hands up if you think you tough
Cause all this bloodshed is making my eyes red with tears, think there has been enough?
I remember back in the day we would all play and the stories we would tell
I get pissed as I reminisce about what momma use to say as I sit in my jail cell
As I stare at the skies, tears roll from my eyes as I’m wishing I had listened from the start
It’s a fact that I can’t go back; I can’t take that bullet out of that man’s heart
I’ll never again see my children or wife because I’m serving life with no chance of parole
My actions on that one night ruined my life now I’m begging the lord to heal my soul.

Written by
Emerson Welch

No comments:

Post a Comment