Monday, June 4, 2012

Ancestors


Ancestors

I never went to college, yet I share knowledge
Not a professor, just my ancestors to them I pay homage
Through their fears, I know they shed tears
Because they persevered, I am now here
I hold my head high as I reach for the sky
Pro black that’s a fact, no need to ask why as I
Face reality, I’ll conquer most adversaries
Destroying the slave mentality with a keen vocabulary
A non-violent soldier; I kill with only kindness
To me, a victory not contradictory as some would find this
They just don’t understand how I’m a man in this land
I’m not crying or dying, just trying the best I can
To show appreciation to the past generation
 Success nothing less is my interpretation
So when you look into my eyes, no need to wonder why
I’m just a man with a plan yeah, I’m on the rise
But on the past I reflect, so I’ve come to expect
The worst to come first so I will accept Any challenges that may come, I will not run
It was survival upon my arrival, it will be till I’m done!


Written by
EMERSON WELCH

No comments:

Post a Comment